NPTEL Public Speaking Week 1 Assignment Answers 2023 :- All the Answers provided below to help the students as a reference, You must submit your assignment at your own knowledge.
NPTEL Digital Circuits week 1 Assignment Answers 2023
1. Kluckhohn and Murray have pointed out ______ personality determinants for persuaders.
Answer :- a. four Kluckhohn and Murray have pointed out four personality determinants for persuaders.
2. ________ is the repetition of sounds of two or more words placed nearby in any sentence.
Answer :- b. Alliteration Alliteration is the repetition of sounds of two or more words placed nearby in a sentence. It is a literary device that uses the same consonant sound at the beginning of each word to create a rhythmic and melodic effect in writing or speech.
3. ________ play an important role as much as speaker in order to make a public speech achieve its effect.
Answer :- b. Listeners Listeners play an important role as much as the speaker in order to make a public speech achieve its effect. Effective communication involves not only the speaker's delivery but also the active engagement and interpretation by the listeners. The response and attention of the audience significantly impact the success of a public speech.
4. ______ is a key component of Active Listening.
Answer :- b. Feedback Feedback is a key component of active listening. Active listening involves not only hearing the words spoken by the speaker but also providing feedback to show understanding, empathy, and engagement with the speaker's message. Effective feedback demonstrates that the listener is attentive and comprehending the information being conveyed.
5. Active Listeners should refrain from imposing unwelcomed ______.
Answer :- a. responses Active listeners should refrain from imposing unwelcomed responses. Active listening involves being respectful and considerate of the speaker's thoughts and feelings. It means providing appropriate and relevant responses that demonstrate understanding and engagement rather than interrupting or imposing one's own opinions or reactions.
6. Who wrote the following lines? “It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
‘Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown”
- Christopher Marlowe
- John Lily
- Thomas Nashe
- William Shakespeare
Answer :- William Shakespeare The lines you provided are from the play "The Merchant of Venice" by William Shakespeare.
7. “In law, man is guilty when he violates the rights of others, in ethics he is guilty if he thinks of doing so.” Who among the following is credited with this quote?
- Immanuel Kant
- William Wordsworth
- Jurgen Borges
- Bozzart Dickinson
Answer :- Immanuel Kant The quote "In law, man is guilty when he violates the rights of others, in ethics he is guilty if he thinks of doing so" is attributed to **Immanuel Kant**. He was a German philosopher known for his works on ethics, metaphysics, and epistemology.
8. Which of the following doesn’t qualify as effective listening?
- Pay full attention and respect
- Listen actively- one thing at a time
- Concentrate on the speaker’s delivery or appearances, not on the content/speech
- Focusing on the message than the details
Answer :- Concentrate on the speaker's delivery or appearances, not on the content/speech Effective listening involves focusing on the content and message being conveyed by the speaker rather than superficial aspects like their delivery or appearances. The other options you provided are qualities of effective listening, such as paying attention, listening actively, and focusing on the message rather than getting caught up in the details.
9. Name the term for value of the medium in the given communication situation:
- media struggle
- media poverty
- media nuisance
- media richness
Answer :- media richness
10. Which among these is not a roadblock in communication?
- Use of casual language
- Emotional awareness
- Excessive use of jargon
- Lack of clarity in words chosen
Answer :- Emotional awareness Among the options provided, "Emotional awareness" is not a roadblock in communication. Roadblocks in communication are factors that hinder effective communication, and the other options mentioned ("Use of casual language," "Excessive use of jargon," and "Lack of clarity in words chosen") are examples of roadblocks. Emotional awareness, on the other hand, refers to being attuned to one's own emotions and the emotions of others, which can actually enhance effective communication rather than hinder it.