NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality Assignment 8 Answers 2022:- In this post, We have provided answers to the Developing Soft Skills and Personality Assignment 8. We provided answers here only for reference. Please, do your assignment to your own knowledge.
About Developing Soft Skills and Personality
The course aims to cause a basic awareness of the significance of soft skills in professional and interpersonal communications and facilitate all-around personality development. Hard or technical skills help secure a basic position in one’s life and career. But only soft skills can ensure a person retains it, climb further, reach a pinnacle, achieve excellence, and derive fulfilment and supreme joy. Soft skills comprise pleasant and appealing personality traits as self-confidence, positive attitude, emotional intelligence, social grace, flexibility, friendliness and effective communication skills.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of the average of the best 6 assignments out of the total 8 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF YOUR AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND YOUR EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality Assignment 8 Answers 2022
1. Identify all the ways for giving an effective presentation:
a. Using PowerPoint slides to make the presentation lucid and appealing.
b. Using overhead projectors to illustrate key points.
c. Using an uncomfortable environment to minimize questions from the audience.
d. Using colloquial slang and local dialect while speaking.
e. Using handouts to remember the ideas precisely and coherently.
f. Using excessive makeup and gestures to make the presentation dramatic.
Answer:- a, b, e
2. Based on the people’s behavior during oral presentation, identify those who are afraid of it:
a. Bala starts mumbling if he has a crowd of more than thirty people.
b. Dinesh profusely sweats and shivers while giving a presentation.
c. Vinayagam makes frequent eye contact with the audience while presenting.
d. Durai looks only at the screen instead of the audience.
e. Meera stands straight and delivers the presentation in a common language.
f. Michael is confident and speaks loud and clear while presenting.
Answer:- a, b, d
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. Consider a situation where your best friend Wasif is to give an oral presentation on the topic “Beauty of India,” in an international forum. He approaches you for suggestions knowing that you have done the course “Developing Soft Skills and Personality.” What are all the suggestions you would give him to make his oral presentation a success?
a. Suggest him to go on a trip around India and learn in-depth about different culture and people.
b. Insist on practicing the presentation in front of his friends and professors.
c. Induce him to disrespect the other delegates from various countries during the presentation.
d. Encourage the habit of visiting the venue before the presentation.
e. Counsel him to be confident and believe in his subject.
f. Recommend him to use pictures in a PowerPoint presentation.
Answer:- b, d, e, f
4. Your friend Wasif has travelled and gained in-depth knowledge about India and its plural culture. Now he wants to prepare a presentation that is attractive and effective. What are the tips you have for him?
a. Deliver the oral presentation using simple language.
b. Using jargon and native language during the presentation.
c. Narrate anecdotes from his trip throughout India.
d. Start with a question.
e. Have a smooth transition from one point to another
f. Use relevant quotes whenever possible
Answer:- a, c, e, f
5. Now that your friend Wasif’s presentation is ready, he asks you to give some advice on his mannerisms and behaviors that would enhance the mood and the presentation. What are the suggestions you have for him?
a. “Choose an attire that fits formal occasions.”
b. “Relax your facial muscles and smile often.”
c. “Look at the feet of others while presenting.”
d. “Practice in front of a mirror before the official presentation.”
e. “Make frantic movements on stage to gain attention.”
f. “Fake your tone and try to speak with a British accent.”
Answer:- a, b, d
6. Now that Wasif has learned about mannerisms during an oral presentation, his confidence is high. But he is still unaware of bad mannerisms and what not to do during the presentation. So, advise him on what not to do during a presentation.
Answer:- a, d, e, f
👇For Week 09 Assignment Answers👇
7. Wasif has learned almost everything for an effective oral presentation. But as the saying goes, “Hope for the best but prepare for the worst,” what are a few precautions you advise him to consider in case of some mishaps?
Answer:- a, e, f
8. Consider that you are finishing your PhD course and are supposed to give an oral presentation before the experts. You ask your friend to give some tips to make the presentation professional. Identity all the healthy ways suggested by your friend to become professional in your oral presentation:
Answer:- a, c, e
9. Identify all the aspects that would degrade the quality of an oral presentation:
Answer:- a, b, d, f
10. Why should an individual use ‘visuals’ in a presentation?
Answer:- a, c, e
11. Kalaivani is the topper of her class. She is confident talking to people individually but fears public presentations. She fears facing questions and worries that she might be ridiculed for her feeble voice. Identify Kalaivani’s real fear while giving public presentation:
12. Identify the WRONG way to reduce anxiety before a presentation:
13. Why should an individual avoid apologizing during a presentation?
14. What is NOT an objective of public speaking?
15. Identify the WRONG hand gesture during a presentation:
Answer:- For Answer Click Here
16. Who said, “I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
17. Identify the inappropriate suggestion pertaining to presentation skills:
18. Choose the WRONG statement pertaining to ‘skimming.’
19. Identify the WRONG sentence about human relations:
20. Who is the wholesome presenter?
21. Winning the trust of people is impossible.
22. “You start dying slowly . . . ” is a poem by Pablo Neruda.
Answer:- For Answer Click Here
23. To read faster, one should read word by word or letter by letter.
24. Scanning is used to read or glance through quickly.
25. Viewing the venue before the presentation helps one to reduce anxiousness.
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality Assignment 8 Answers 2021
Q1. What are some of the self-talks you can have in your mind before taking the stage for a public presentation?
(A) The audience is not your enemy.
(B) The audience is not busy judging you.
(C) Every individual is preoccupied with their own problems to focus too much on you.
(D) It is too stressful to think that you should entertain the audience throughout your presentation.
(E) You need to be the most perfect speaker, or else everyone will laugh at you.
(F) You will do well since you know your subject thoroughly. You will be good since you have a clear idea about what your audience expects from you.
Ans:- (A), (B) & (E)
Q2. Which of the following are typically sources of fear about delivering a public presentation?
(F) Unforeseen circumstance
Ans:- (B) & (C)
Q3. Which of the following are techniques you can adopt to start and finish a presentation on strong notes?
(A) Begin with a question or a quote.
(B) Begin with an anecdote.
(C) Start from the middle of the presentation and then go backwards.
(D) End with an apology for your lack of preparation.
(E) End with the promise that you will not waste the time of the audience if at all you get another chance.
(F) Summarize your points neatly towards the end.
(G) State a distinct and clear conclusion.
Ans:- (A), (E) & (F)
Q4. Which of the following body language techniques should you keep in mind during a presentation?
(A) Study yourself in a mirror
(B) Dress appropriately
(C) Relax your facial muscles and smile
(D) Use exaggerated movements to draw people’s attention
(E) Always try to make jokes, whether they are appropriate or not
(F) Try to make eye contact with everyone.
Ans:- (A), (B) & (F)
Q5. Which of the following things must you do with your hands, during a public speech?
(A) Rest the palms if you are nervous
(B) Make appropriate hand gestures for emphasis
(C) Keep your hands relaxed
(D) Keep your hands at your back
(E) Keep your hands crossed across your chest
(F) Keep your hands on your hips.
Ans:- (A) & (B)
Q6. Which of the potential pitfalls must you be aware of during your presentation?
(A) Standing in a way that you obscure the screen
(B) Getting lost in digression
(C) An error you made previously, during your presentation
(D) Turning your back to the audience
(E) The audience’s body language
(F) Previous night’s dinner
Ans:- (A), (B) & (C)
Q7. Identify some of the reasons why reading a book might be a better thing to do than playing a video game.
(A) Reading keeps your mind alive and progressive.
(B) Reading is boring than a video game.
(C) Reading needs your mind to interact actively with the material in front of you.
(D) Reading kindles your thinking and imagination.
(E) Reading is easier than playing a video game.
(F) Reading helps you gain new vocabulary, ideas, and expression.
Ans:-(A), (C), (D) & (F)
Q8. Which of the following reading styles should you adopt, when you do not have a lot of time in hand?
(A) Close reading
(C) Analytical reading
Ans:- (B), (D) & (E)
Q9. If you want a peaceful and harmonious life, what are the things you should remember about handling power?
(A) Treat people who enjoy less power the way you want your superiors to treat you.
(B) Use your power as an ability to do good things.
(C) Demonstrate your power in a dominating way to maintain the hierarchy.
(D) Ensure that power struggles do not come in human relationships.
(E) Demand that people should respect you for your position and the power bestowed with it.
(F) Empower the people around you.
Ans:- (A), (B) & (F)
Q10. Which of the following can be used as a visual aid in a public presentation?
(D) Funny make-up
(E) Colorful spectacles
Ans:- (A), (B) & (F)
Q11. Pick the thing that you should NOT do before a public presentation:
(A) Visualize your delivery
(B) Practice presentation
(C) Know your subject
(D) Respect your audience
(E) Remember the last time you failed and get stressed for a perfect presentation this time
(F) Put emphasis on preparation
Q12. Which of the following quotes best explains the “flight or fight” syndrome?
(A) “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
(B) “You are right, but I’m not wrong.”
(C) “Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.”
(D) “So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
(E) “The body never lies.”
(F) “Forget everything and run, or face everything and rise.”
Q13. If you are feeling very nervous, just before a presentation, which of the following can you do to help you focus?
(A) Tell yourself that it’s ridiculous to feel nervous
(B) Make some excuse and disappear from the arena
(D) Accept nervousness as a normal condition and tell yourself that the initial few minutes are always the worst. It gets better gradually.
(E) Don’t make any form of eye-contact with the audience.
(F) Go outside and have a smoke. Drink five cups of coffee at a stretch.
Q14. Which of the following should be avoided while delivering a public speech?
(A) Facing the audience
(B) Using an open posture
(C) Speaking in a natural tone
(D) Putting your hands in your pockets
(E) Using hand gestures for emphasis
(F) Maintaining eye contact
Q15. Which of the following is a “Must Do,” in terms of voice quality, during a public speech?
(A) Race through your speech
(B) Talk in a fast and furious way
(C) Talk deliberately slowly
(E) Exceed the time limit
(F) Speak in a normal pace but confidently
Q16. Which of the following should you AVOID, as far as visual guidelines are concerned in your presentation?
(A) Make use of short sentences
(B) Use appropriate font colors
(C) Use distracting designs and pictures
(D) Make sure the visual aid supplements your presentation
(E) Spell check every slide
(F) Make sure your text is visible to everyone, from the first to the last row
Q17. Identify the main purpose of previewing:
(A) Helps you read parts of the book for free
(B) Enables you to claim that you have read the book, when you have merely the broad outline of the story
(C) Helps you steal the contents of the book
(D) Helps you eliminate what you do not want to read and choose the one you like to read
(E) Helps you read faster
(F) Helps you reduce expenditures on books
Q18. Which of the following describes skimming suitably?
(A) Reading or glancing through a book quickly to get a rough idea of what the book is about.
(B) Reading from the back flap blurbs or short reviews of the book.
(C) Looking for specific bits of information.
(D) Training your eyes to see words in groups.
(E) Scrutinizing each word carefully.
(F) Deepening and enhancing your understanding of the book.
Q19. Which of the following reading strategies involve asking “Wh”—questions?
(E) Analytical reading
Q20. One of the two golden principles of reading, is?
(A) Always buy more books than you can read.
(B) It is very important to start cultivating the reading habit with the comics.
(C) If you start reading anything, finish it.
(D) It is important that the book reads you, rather than you read the book.
(E) Don’t just read a book, also write it simultaneously.
(F) Read at least five books at a time.
Q21. According to Pablo Neruda, “It is what you read when you don’t have to, that determines what you will become when you can’t help it.”
Ans:- (B) False
Q22. A Powerpoint presentation should pack matter with long paragraphs.
Ans:- (B) False
Q23. Entertaining, educating, provoking, admonishing are the most important objectives of public speaking.
Ans:- (B) False
Q24. It is better not to break human trust because if it is once broken, it cannot be quickly fixed.
Ans:- (A) True
Q25. Native English speakers, such as Americans and Britishers, while making a public speech in English, will never exhibit nervousness.
Ans:- (B) False
Developing Soft Skills and Personality Assignment 8 Answers 2021:- We do not claim 100% surety of answers, these answers are based on our sole knowledge, and by posting these answers we are just trying to help students, so we urge do your assignment on your own.
NPTEL ALL WEEK ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS:-
- Soft Skill Assignment Answers
- Project Management For Managers Answer
- Semiconducter Devices And Circuit Answer
- Problem Solving Through Programming In C Answer