NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 9 Answers 2022:-All the Answers provided here to help the students as a reference, You must submit your assignment at your own knowledge.
What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical hacking involves an authorized attempt to gain unauthorized access to a computer system, application, or data. Carrying out an ethical hack involves duplicating strategies and actions of malicious attackers. This practice helps to identify security vulnerabilities which can then be resolved before a malicious attacker has the opportunity to exploit them.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of the average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF THE AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
|NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment Answers 2022||Answers|
|Assignment 1||Click Here|
|Assignment 2||Click Here|
|Assignment 3||Click Here|
|Assignment 4||Click Here|
|Assignment 5||Click Here|
|Assignment 6||Click Here|
|Assignment 7||Click Here|
|Assignment 8||Click Here|
|Assignment 9||Click Here|
|Assignment 10||Click Here|
NPTEL Ethical Hacking Assignment 9 Answers 2022:-
Q1. Why do packet sniffers require the network interface card (NIC) to be put in promiscuous mode?
a. So that broadcast packets can be sent to the victim machine.
b. So that all packets crossing the NIC can be read.
c. So that headers of encrypted packets can be deciphered.
d. None of these.
Answer:- b. So that all packets crossing the NIC can be read.
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
Q2. Which of the following measures can prevent packet sniffing on a network segment?
- a. Restrict physical access to the network by unauthorized persons.
- b. Install the latest version of TCP protocol that does not contain vulnerabilities.
- c. Use encryption to protect confidential information.
- d. All of these.
Answer: d. All of these.
Q3. How can NMAP detect whether network sniffing is probably going on in a network?
- a. By sending a NMAP ping request to all the machines on the network.
- b. By conducting TCP stealth scan on all the machines in the network.
- c. By using a script that checks whether any of the machines has the network card configured in the promiscuous mode.
- d. None of these.
Answer: c. By using a script that checks whether any of the machines has the network card configured in the promiscuous mode.
Q4. Which of the following features are present in Ettercap?
- a. IP-based and MAC-based filtering.
- b. Character injection.
- c. Packet filtering and dropping.
- d. SQL injection. e. All of these.
Answer: a, b, c
Q5. Which of the following can be used for computer-based social engineering attack?
- a. Tailgating.
- b. Sending out chain letter emails.
- c. An illegitimate email falsely claiming to be from a legitimate site.
- d. Reverse social engineering.
Answer: a, b, c
👇FOR NEXT WEEK ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS👇
Q6. Which of the following tools can be used to put the NIC in promiscuous mode?
- a. macchanger
- b. dnsenum
- c. slowloris
- d. arpspoof
Answer:- d. arpspoof
Q7. Which of the following protocols are vulnerable to sniffing attack?
- a. HTTP
- b. FTP
- c. HTTPS
- d. SSL
Answer: a, b
Q8. How does Slowloris work?
- a. It sends a single large packet to victim system.
- b. It sends multiple HTTP requests to the victim system but never completes the request.
- c. It mounts MAC attack on target system.
- d. It turns on NIC of the system in promiscuous mode.
Q9. Which of the following is/are example(s) of bandwidth flood?
- a. ICMP flood
- b. SYN flood
- c. MAC Flood
Answer: a, b
If there are any changes in answers will notify you on telegram so you can get a 100% score, So Join
Q10. For mounting DoS attack using hping3 tool what option can be used as an alternative of –i u10000?
- a. –count
- b. –fast
- c. –faster
- d. –flood
Answer: For Answer Click Here
Disclaimer:- We do not claim 100% surety of solutions, these solutions are based on our sole expertise, and by using posting these answers we are simply looking to help students as a reference, so we urge do your assignment on your own.
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE