NPTEL Principles of Management Assignment 2 Answers 2022:- Hello students in this article we are going to share Answers of NPTEL Principles of Management Assignment 2 2022. All the Answers are provided below to help the students as a reference, You must submit your assignment with your own knowledge.
NPTEL Principles of Management Assignment 2 Answers 2022 [July-Dec]
1. In which type of planning we find it is need to keep identifying alternative courses of action that can be implemented when the original plan proves inadequate because of changing circumstances.?
(a) Strategic planning
(b) Operational planning
(c) Tactical planning
(d) Contingency planning
2. How many steps are involved in the process of planning?
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. In some organisations management thinks planning will bring all objectives fulfilled which neglects their real work and efficiency and adverse effect is being faced by the organisation. What type of limitations of planning is it?
(a) Functional level
(b) Planning does not ensure success
(c) Business level
(d) Operating level
4. Managing risk is essential to bring out success of an organization. Sometimes unforeseen events occur which required to deal immediately. In doing all these, the need of ————-is gradually increasing. Fill up the blank
5. Where do we find; all objectives are set by the leaders of the organisation as they are at the top level of the organisation and have clear understanding of the organisation to outline where they want to see the organisation?
(a) Scientific management
(b) Management by objective
(c) Management by exceptions
(d) traditional objective setting
6. How many major areas of traditional objective setting have your learnt from the lecture?
👇For Week 03 Assignment Answers👇
7. In which period the strategic management largely dealt with size growth and portfolio theory as it shifted from planning to a strategy?
8. Which of the followings is one of the components of strategic management?
(a) Multifarious change
(b) Different dimensions
(c) Making decision for the future
(d) Environmental scanning.
9. In which point of view, planning premises can be classified into two types such as – tangible and intangible planning premises?
(a) Quantitative measurement
(b) Existing assumptions
(c) Forces and factors
(d) None of the above
10. We may sum up certain features such as- it is concerned with future assumptions, it shows the probability of future events and happening, it is based on past and present data analysis, it is done using statistical tools and techniques, it makes use of personal. What about these features are spoken of summing up?
(d) None of these
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE
NPTEL Principles of Management Assignment 1 Answers 2022:- All the Answers provided here to help the students as a reference, You must submit your assignment at your own knowledge
What is Principles of Management
The course provides the basic paradigm and principles of modern cryptography. The focus of this course will be on definitions and constructions of various cryptographic objects. We will try to understand what security properties are desirable in such objects, how to formally define these properties, and how to design objects that satisfy the definitions. The aim is that at the end of this course, the students are able to understand a significant portion of current cryptography research papers and standards.
- Week 1:Management: Definition, nature, purpose and scope of management, Skills and roles of a Manager, functions, principles; Evolution of Management Thought, Scientific Management.
- Week 2:Planning: Types of plans, planning process, Characteristics of planning, Traditional objective setting, Strategic Management, premising and forecasting
- Week 3:Decision-Making: Process, Simon’s model of decision making, creative problem solving, group decision making.
- Week 4:Management by Objectives: Management by exception; Styles of management: (American, Japanese and Indian), McKinsey’s 7-S Approach, Self Management
- Week 5:Organizing: Organizational design and structure, Coordination, differentiation and integration.
- Week 6:Span of management, centralization and de-centralization Delegation, Authority & power – concept & distinction, Line and staff organizations
- Week 7:Staffing: Human Resource Management and Selection, Performance appraisal and Career strategy, Coordination- Concepts, issues and techniques
- Week 8:Organizational Change: Introduction, Resistance to Change, Behavioural Reactions to Change, Approaches Or Models to Managing Organisational Change.
- Week 9:Organizational Change: Introduction, Resistance to Change, Behavioural Reactions to Change, Approaches Or Models to Managing Organisational Change.
- Week 10:Leading: Human Factors and Motivation, Leadership, Communication, Teams and Team Work
- Week 11:Leading: Human Factors and Motivation, Leadership, Communication, Teams and Team Work
- Week 12:Controlling: Concept, planning-control relationship, process of control, Types of Control, Control Techniques Characteristics of team
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
NPTEL Principles of Management Assignment 2 Answers:-
Q1. Studying history of management is important because:
a)It helps in knowing about important management thinkers
b)It helps in arranging events in chronological order
c)It helps in understanding the impact of external forces on the organizations
d)Both A & B
Answer:- c)It helps in understanding the impact of external forces on the organizations
Q2. Which of the following approach comes from the contemporary management thought school:
a) Contingency View
b) Human Resources perspective
d) Total Quality Management
Answer:- a) Contingency View
Q3. Which one of the following shortcomings led to the advancement of management thought towards humanistic approach from classical approach?
a) Trained workers in standard methods
b) No appreciation for the social context of work and higher needs of workers
c) Working for maximum output rather than restricted output
d) Eliminating interruptions
Answer:- b) No appreciation for the social context of work and higher needs of workers
Q4. _________ is/are the characteristics of bureaucratic form of organizations:
b) Formal Rules & Regulations
c) Selection of people based on intuition
d) Both A & B
Answer:- d) Both A & B
Q5. Which of the following thinker/theorist gave the concept of Bureaucracy?
c)Peter F. Drucker
Answer:- a)Max Weber
Q6. Started out as experiment to study the impact of intensity of light on worker’s productivity, ____________ came out to be a turning point in how workers are thought to be assets to the organizations rather than just cogs in machines:
d)All of above
Answer:- b)Hawthorne Studies
Q7. How will a person be able to fulfill his/her self-actualization needs at work?
a) By being a part of work groups
b) With Assurance of safe work
c) By receiving recognition at work
d) When being given an opportunity to showcase creativity
Answer:- d) When being given an opportunity to showcase creativity
Q8. Some of the commonly used methods in operations management are:
a) Inventory modeling
b) Linear programming
c) Break-even analysis
d) All of above
Answer:- d) All of above
Q9. Totally Quality Management is a philosophy devoted to _______ & _________.
a) Continuous improvement, responding to customer needs and expectations
b) Standardization, linking of incentives to productivity
c) Both A & B
d) None of the above
Answer:- a) Continuous improvement, responding to customer needs and expectations
Q10. Systems perspective of management talks about synergy which means:
a) Tendency of the system to run down and die
b) All the elements in the system are interdependent
c) Whole is greater than the sum of parts
d) Organizations are open systems
Answer:- c) Whole is greater than the sum of parts
Disclaimer:- We do not claim 100% surety of solutions, these solutions are based on our sole expertise, and by using posting these answers we are simply looking to help students as a reference, so we urge do your assignment on your own.
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE
NPTEL Principles of Management Assignment 2 Answers 2022:-All the Answers provided here to help the students as a reference, You must submit your assignment at your own knowledge