NPTEL Public Speaking Assignment 4 Answers July 2022:- In this post, We have provided answers of NPTEL Public Speaking Assignment 4 Answers July 2022. We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.
NPTEL Public Speaking Assignment 4 Answers July 2022
1. Every established religion today exists because of the way its preachers address and influence the minds of the masses.
2. Digression is not different from distraction.
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. Digressions are surprise cards for any speech.
4. Child-centered theory was developed by Xingzhi.
5. Which one of the given options is not a type of Vernacular Plays in the European Middle Ages?
a. Morality Play
b. Miracle Play
c. Absurdist Play
d. Mystery Play
6. Which of the following is not a component of Classroom Teaching?
a. Providing safe space
b. Harsh criticism
d. Teacher’s feedback
👇For Week 05 Assignment Answers👇
7. Choose the correct options for types of Dramatic Speeches:
a. Dialogue, Aside
c. Soliloquy, Monologue
Answer:- For Answer Click Here
8. Point out the option(s) that correctly match/(es) with the features of Soliloquy.
a. It is “a long, usually serious spoken discourse that a character in a play delivers to an audience and that reveals the character’s thoughts.”
b. There is a listener on the stage.
c. It is not meant for the audience.
d. Its purpose is to channel the inner thoughts and feelings of the character for the audience.
Answer:- a, d
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE
About Public Speaking
Speaking has for ages been an innate human quality. In a contemporary globalized world, effective public speaking has become crucial both at individual and organizational levels. Public speaking as verbal talent posits itself as a “cause” with a clear motive to “effect” the intended audience. It enables the speaker to have a direct impact on the audience and thus makes it an effective medium to exercise in diverse situations. However, not all speakers are able to create the intended effect through their act of speaking due to their unfamiliarity with speech techniques and delivery nuances. Many of us, though competent enough, often feel anxiety about speech when called upon to speak in personal and public domains such as interviews, presentations, meetings, conferences, group discussions and many speaking-related challenges in the present-day ever-changing corporate world. The purpose of this public speaking course is to develop the speech and personality of learners in order to convert them into confident, committed and effective speakers. The course will serve as a guide to various forms of public speaking with relevance to numerous emerging situational contexts and provide an overall development in speech delivery in a perspicuous manner.
- Week 1: Introduction to the Course
- Week 2: Prerequisites of Public speaking
- Week 3: Public speaking as a Performative act
- Week 4: Use of non-verbals in Public Speaking
- Week 5: Voice and Vocabulary
- Week 6: Etiquettes and Mannerism in Public Speaking
- Week 7: Types of Public Speaking – Part 1
- Week 8: Types of Public Speaking – Part 2
- Week 9: Types of Public Speaking – Part 3
- Week 10: Types of Public Speaking – Part 4
- Week 11: Converting Ideas into Action – Part 1
- Week 12: Converting Ideas into Action – Part 2
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.