In this post, We have provided answers of NPTEL Software Engineering Assignment 1. We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.
1. The goal of structured programming is which the following:
a. To have well indented programs
b. To be able to infer the flow of control from the compiled code
c. To be able to infer the flow of control from the program source code
d. To avoid the use of GO TO statementse.
e. To have modular programs
Answer:- d, e
2. Unrestricted use of GO TO statements is normally avoided while writing a program, since:
a. It increases the running time of programs
b. It increases memory requirements of programs
c. It results in larger executable code sizes
d. It makes debugging difficult
e. It increases the effort required to adequately test the software
Answer:- d, e
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. Which of the following are true of a model in the context of software development?
a. A model is an abstract representation of the problem
b. A model captures only important aspects of the problem and ignores the rest.
c. Different models are obtained when different aspects are ignored.
d. A model is essentially a decomposition of the system
e. A model helps handle the complexity in problem solution
f. A model is essentially a design of the system
Answer:- a, b, c, e
4. Why is writing easily modifiable code important?
a. Easily modifiable code results in quicker run time.
b. Most real world programs require change at some point of time or other.
c. Most text editors make it mandatory to write modifiable code.
d. Several developers may write different parts of a large program.
e. Easily modifiable code reduces maintenance effort
Answer:- b, e
5. Which among the following is not a software services type of project?
a. Software maintenance project
b. Software customization project
c. Outsourced software development project
d. Software product development project
e. Outsourced software testing project
6. Model building is a form of which one of the following:
7. Which of the following are implications of the magical number 7 in build and fix development projects?
a. Development effort increases exponentially with program size
b. Development effort increases linearly with program size
c. Development effort increases sub-linearly with program size
d. Development effort decreases linearly with program size
e. Each module should be decomposed into at least 7 modules in a good design
f. Each module should be decomposed into at most 7 modules in a good design
Answer:- a, f
8. Which one of the following is not an implication of severely restricted size of the short–term memory?
a. Difficulty in permanently remembering large amount of information.
b. Difficulty in developing a program with large number of variables
c. Difficulty in debugging a program with large number of variables
d. Difficulty in understanding a program with large number of variables
e. Difficulty in understanding a design in which each module is decomposed into a large number of modules
f. Difficulty in understanding a design in which a function calls a large number of other functions
g. Difficulty in understanding a design in which a function is called by a large number of functions
h. Difficulty in understanding a design in which a module is reused in many modules
Answer:- g, h
👇For Week 02 Assignment Answers👇
9. While using the exploratory development style, the effort required to develop a software grows exponentially with the size of the software. Which one of the following is a possible reason behind it?
a. Testing effort increases exponentially
b. Code size becomes exponentially large
c. As the number of independent variables in the program increases, it quickly exceeds the grasping power of an individual.
d. As the size of a program increases, it becomes very difficult to correct compilation errors.
e. As the size of a program increases, program compilation takes an unduly large amount of time.
10. Which one of the following is not justified by the magic number 7?
a. Number independent variables in a function should not exceed 7.
b. A function should not call more than 7 functions
c. A function should not have more than 7 statements
d. A function should not be called by more than 7 functions
e. Number of decision statements in a function should not exceed 7.
Answer:- c, d
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE
About Software Engineering
Large scale software development poses special challenges. This course targets to expose the students to the challenges of large scale software development and would expose the students as to how to overcome those. Starting with basic life cycle model concepts, it would discuss requirements specification, design, and testing issues. The concepts will be illustrated with appropriate examples.
- Week 1 : Introduction
- Week 2 : Life Cycle Models I
- Week 3 : Life Cycle Models II
- Week 4 : Requirements analysis and specification
- Week 5 : Basics of software design
- Week 6 : Procedural design methodology
- Week 7 : Object-oriented concepts
- Week 8 : Introduction to UML: Class and Interaction Diagrams
- Week 9 : Object-oriented analysis and design
- Week 10 : Testing I
- Week 11 : Testing II
- Week 12 : Testing III
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.