In This blog, we shared full information about NPTEL. All the data are available on this page on the basis of data available on the internet and from the official website of NPTEL. It provides online courses for free and you can also get the certificate at minor charges.
- 1 What is NPTEL?
- 2 Top 10 Best Courses Of NPTEL
- 2.1 Cloud Computing:-
- 2.2 Soft Skills:-
- 2.3 The Joy of Computing using Python:-
- 2.4 Introduction to Machine Learning:-
- 2.5 Big Data Computing:-
- 2.6 Introduction To Internet Of Things:-
- 2.7 Programming, Data Structures And Algorithms Using Python:-
- 2.8 Developing Soft Skills and Personality:-
- 2.9 Programming In Java:-
- 2.10 Problem Solving Through Programming In C:-
- 3 NPTEL Certificate full details:
- 4 Benefits of NPTEL Course Certificate
- 5 NPTEL Admission Fee Structure:
- 6 How to download the E-certificate?
- 7 NPTEL Certificate types:
- 8 Features of NPTEL online courses:
- 9 Responsibilities of NPTEL:
- 10 Mentors:
- 11 Career Prospects for NPTEL Graduates:
- 12 Salary Prospects of NPTEL Graduates:
- 13 NPTEL Committee Members:
- 14 Why NPTEL?
- 15 Conclusion of NPTEL:
- 16 FAQs:-
What is NPTEL?
NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) is an initiative taken by the Indian Institute of Technology of India and the Indian Institute of Science for creating course content in engineering and science. NPTEL is one of the largest online repositories of engineering course material and one of the most successful multi-institutional projects in the country. NPTEL as a project originated from many deliberations between the Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs), the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), and Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) during the years 1999 – 2003. A proposal was jointly put forward by five IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, and Madras) and IISc for creating content for 100 courses as web-based supplements and 100 complete video courses, for forty hours of duration per course. NPTEL is also an online platform to learn, explore and implement new things concerning different branches of engineering.
For NPTEL Assignment Answers:- Click Here
NPTEL Online courses:-
NPTEL online certification curriculum is based on the model guidelines given by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Here are the top 10 best courses one can opt for
Top 10 Best Courses Of NPTEL
Cloud computing is a scalable services consumption and delivery platform that provides on-demand computing service for a shared pool of resources, namely servers, storage, networking, software, database, applications etc., over the Internet. It is a model for enabling ubiquitous, on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources, which can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort. This course will introduce various aspects of cloud computing, including fundamentals, management issues, security challenges and future research trends. This will help students (both UG and PG levels) and researchers to use and explore the cloud computing platforms.
Soft Skills, a buzzword today has attracted the attention of students, professionals and entrepreneurs all over the world. Employability, is a major concern today, every individual aims at getting coveted jobs. Employability today is commensurate with proving multiple skills in varied situations in a fast-changing world. Hence, everyone aspiring for jobs today has to prove one’s mettle in various cases where one requires to be armed with different skills, which, collectively come under Soft Skills. One may be armed with good competence in one’s subject but one cannot compete with his peer groups unless one has the potential to perform. Performance can be ensured with the demonstration of certain abilities that can help a professional communicate, corroborate, convince, evaluate and look into the continuing as well as the upcoming trends of the corporate world from time to time. The course aims at creating awareness among the stockholders of the corporate world in which the role of individuals as team players and also as responsible leaders materializes to a great extent. The course, with its interactive and need-based modules, will address various challenges of communication as well as behavioural skills faced by individuals in the workplace and organizations in bridging the gaps through effective skills of interviews, group discussions, meeting management, presentations and nuances of drafting various business documents for sustainability in today’s global world.
The Joy of Computing using Python:-
Want to learn Python? If yes, then take this course and you will experience an environment where you can learn programming easily. Concepts such as what loops, scratch, the solution to looping problems, recursion, anagrams, and much more will be taught here. The duration of this NPTEL computer science course is 12 weeks which is coordinated by IIT Ropar and taught by Prof. S.R.S Iyengar.
Introduction to Machine Learning:-
Machine learning is very much in demand and so attending this course will make you understand machine learning in a better way. Beginning with an introduction and then heading to other topics such as hypothesis space and inductive bias. The duration of this Computer Science and Engineering is 8 weeks which is coordinated by IIT Kharagpur and taught by Prof. Sudeshna Sarkar.
Big Data Computing:-
NPTEL online certification courses for computer science will give you a complete understanding of what big data is. Further in this course, you will learn about the Hadoop stack in detail. Apart from this, parallel programming with spark, Hadoop MapReduce, and CAP theorem will also be discussed. The duration of this course is 8 weeks which is coordinated by IIT Patna and taught by Prof. Rajiv Misra.
Introduction To Internet Of Things:-
Internet of Things (IoT) is presently a hot technology worldwide. Government, academia, and industry are involved in different aspects of research, implementation, and business with IoT. IoT cuts across different application domain verticals ranging from civilian to defence sectors. These domains include agriculture, space, healthcare, manufacturing, construction, water, and mining, which are presently transitioning their legacy infrastructure to support IoT. Today it is possible to envision pervasive connectivity, storage, and computation, which, in turn, gives rise to building different IoT solutions. IoT-based applications such as innovative shopping systems, infrastructure management in both urban and rural areas, remote health monitoring and emergency notification systems, and transportation systems, are gradually relying on IoT-based systems. Therefore, it is very important to learn the fundamentals of this emerging technology
Programming, Data Structures And Algorithms Using Python:-
This course is an introduction to programming and problem-solving in Python. It does not assume any prior knowledge of programming. Using some motivating examples, the course quickly builds up basic concepts such as conditionals, loops, functions, lists, strings and tuples. It goes on to cover searching and sorting algorithms, dynamic programming and backtracking, as well as topics such as exception handling and using files. As far as data structures are concerned, the course covers Python dictionaries as well as classes and objects for defining user-defined datatypes such as linked lists and binary search trees.
Developing Soft Skills and Personality:-
The course aims to cause a basic awareness of the significance of soft skills in professional and interpersonal communications and facilitate an all-around development of personality. Hard or technical skills help secure a basic position in one’s life and career. But only soft skills can ensure a person retains it, climb further, reach a pinnacle, achieve excellence, and derive fulfilment and supreme joy. Soft skills comprise pleasant and appealing personality traits such as self-confidence, positive attitude, emotional intelligence, social grace, flexibility, friendliness and effective communication skills.
Programming In Java:-
With the growth of Information and Communication Technology, there is a need to develop large and complex software. Further, that software should be platform independent, Internet-enabled, easy to modify, secure, and robust. To meet this requirement object-oriented paradigm has been developed and based on this paradigm the Java programming language emerges as the best programming environment. Now, the Java programming language is being used for mobile programming, Internet programming, and many other applications compatible with distributed systems. This course aims to cover the essential topics of Java programming so that the participants can improve their skills to cope with the current demand of IT industries and solve many problems in their own field of studies.
Problem Solving Through Programming In C:-
This course is aimed at enabling the students to
- Formulate simple algorithms for arithmetic and logical problems
- Translate the algorithms to programs (in C language)
- Test and execute the programs and correct syntax and logical errors
- Implement conditional branching, iteration and recursion
- Decompose a problem into functions and synthesize a complete program using divide and conquer approach
- Use arrays, pointers and structures to formulate algorithms and programs
- Apply programming to solve matrix addition and multiplication problems and searching and sorting problems
- Apply programming to solve simple numerical method problems, namely rot finding of function, differentiation of function and simple integration
NPTEL Certificate full details:
- NPTEL is offering online courses with a timeline of 4 weeks, 8 weeks or 12 weeks through an online portal.
- Each week, you need to watch 3 to 6 video lectures (of the length of 20 to 30 minutes) and attempt one online Assignment quiz at your convenient time and submit it within a deadline.
- The enrolment to and learning from these courses involves no cost watch video lectures and attempt. Assignment online quizzes.
- After 2-3 weeks of starting the course, an option of Registration for the Final Exam with the fees of Rs. 1000/1100 will be given. If you’re confident enough, you can proceed to the Exam Registration.
- A scholarship is provided to the participants from a Local Chapter for SC/ST and low income (5 lakhs per annum). For the last semester, Some of our college students received a 50% fee waiver on the exam fees. As per the availability of funds by the sponsors, it may be given this time also.
- E-certificate from organizing IIT/IISc will be given to the successful candidates of the Final score=25% assignment score(online) + 75% exam(offline) score. To be eligible for a certificate, the learner should have scored >=40% final score. E-verifiable certificates are made available on nptel.ac.in/noc
- NPTEL conduct final (proctored) exam at different exam centres all over India.
Benefits of NPTEL Course Certificate
- You can learn the subject from the expert faculties of IITs/IISc.
- You can get certified by NPTEL and IITs/IISc.
- In most of the courses, there is a list of industries that will consider this course certificate. NPTEL also shares the toppers’ list to those industries for recruitment purposes.
- Students can review and assess their own progress through assignments(weekly).
Inculcate mode of self-learning and get access to lectures of IIT/IISc distinguished Faculty
- You can review and assess their own progress through assignments(weekly)
- Continuous assessment and interaction with course faculty
- The certificates issued bear the stamp of CCE, and IIT and hence are valuable additions when the student is applying for jobs.
- On successful completion of advanced NPTEL course by the faculties, AICTE approves as FDP so that they can get the points for the same. This FDP certificate is given full consideration for promotions under CAS as per AICTE notification.
- Students can use the NPTEL programs for GATE and High Studies preparation.
- Goa university considers the completion of NPTEL courses for credit transfer [4 Weeks – 1 Credit, 8 Weeks -2 Credit and 12 Weeks – 3 Credit]
- Certificates recognized by Companies and research centres to give internship opportunities.
NPTEL Admission Fee Structure:
- The enrollment for NPTEL online courses is free of cost.
- Registered students are given the luxury to download the web or video-based course-related study material for free.
- Additionally, participation in discussions, submission of assignments, and learning from the course if free of cost.
- However, for certification, candidates are required to pay INR 1000 and qualify for the exam to receive the certification.
How to download the E-certificate?
Kindly note that E-certificates have been generated only for those candidates with a Final Score of 40 and above.
SWAYAM NPTEL Local Chapter: http://nptel.ac.in/LocalChapter
- Login to SPOC login ( http://nptel.ac.in/LocalChapter/spoc_login.php )
- Click on Downloads, on the left side of the screen
- Click the link “Jan-Apr E-Certificate Download” and download it as a zip file.
- Once you extract the zip file, you will be able to view the E-certificate.
NPTEL Certificate types:
Sample Course Certificates:
- Elite with Gold
- Elite with silver
- Successfully Completed
1.FDP (faculty development programme)
Sample Local Chapter Certificates:
A certificate of appreciation is an award to
- Top Rated Local Chapter (AAA)
- Top Rated Local Chapter (AA)
- Top Rated Local Chapter (A)
- Top Rated SPOC (AAA)
- Top Rated SPOC (AA)
- Top Rated SPOC (A)
- Top Rated SPOC
- Top Performing Mentor
Certificate of SWAYAM-NPTEL recognize:
- Best New LC (Inside Top 100)
- Best New LC (Outside Top 100)
- Best Rating Point Improvement (Inside Top 100)
- Best Rating Point Improvement (Outside Top 100)
- Best Certificate Count Improvement (Inside Top 100)
- Best Certificate Count Improvement (Outside Top 100)
- Best Faculty Perfomance (Inside Top 100)
- Best Faculty Perfomance (Outside Top 100)
- Best LC in Arts,Science & Commerce Category (Inside Top 100)
Sample NPTEL Stars Certificates:
- Domain Certificate
- NPTEL Super Star
- NPTEL Evangelist
- NPTEL Motivated
- NPTEL Enthusiast
- NPTEL Discipline Star
- NPTEL Believer
- TA Certificate
- Internship Certificate
Features of NPTEL online courses:
The course material available through NPTEL would be rich in content and discusses the topics in-depth which will obviously increase the knowledge level of the faculties and students
Course contents will be useful for teacher training and through them improve the quality of students.
- No registration fee is required for enrollment in the online course.
- NO Travel/Accommodation is required. The whole lecture content is available right at our DESKTOP
- No academic leave is required for attending the course, hence no disturbance to the regular duties.
- The registered participants either students or faculty have complete/anytime access to these video lectures.
- Interaction is available with the Course Instructors/Teaching assistants/Other participants via an Online Forum during the entire short-term course.
- involves (a) weekly assignments and (b) end of the course examination thereby making the faculty exercise the learnt skills.
- NPTEL frequently offers Online Certification Courses that are in great demand and well recognized by IITs/NITs and NASSCOM.
Responsibilities of NPTEL:
- Appoint a faculty as a coordinator from each department to form NPTEL committee members
- Meeting of NPTEL coordinators regularly to discuss the Activities
- NPTEL Faculty coordinators from various department students were encouraged to join the certification courses.
- Conduct NPTEL Awareness Program and respective departmental coordinators encourage students to enrol a course from the NPTEL/Swayam list and also encourage students to choose an NPTEL course to earn Credits
- Keep a track of students undertaking courses and appoint a mentor of their choice of course
- Encourage students to benefits fee waiver
- Department NPTEL coordinators maintain a record, of course, completed students and also a credit course record
- College Level SPOC in charge clubs the record together and documents it properly.
- Faculty members who teach the course or in relevant discipline can be a mentor. Should enrol to the course
- A mentor can only choose up to 2 courses.
- No minimum number of students to be a mentor; Maximum ratio of 1:50
- Students have to select the mentor on the portal
- Mentors can see the assignment scores of mentees
- Mentors Can help with explaining gaps in taught concepts.
- Mentors can give more practice assignments
- Facilitate resources for viewing the lectures
Career Prospects for NPTEL Graduates:
India is experiencing an increasing rate of intrusion into computer systems. This condition has stimulated several big corporates, governmental organizations, and financial institutions to recruit students with additional skills.
NPTEL course offers students a platform to sharpen and enhance their skills through the vast application of course programs. Each NPTEL certification course provides an excellent career scope in the field of choice and adds definite value to the candidate’s resume, thereby enhancing job opportunities.
“NPTEL has even collaborated with significant corporates and industries to create platforms for jobs and internships for its certificate holders.
NPTEL Collaborates with the following industry or corporate companies to offer courses as well as job opportunities:
- Vernet Systems
- IBM India Private Limited
- Glass Academy
- Infant Systems Private Limited
- Defense Research and Development Organisation
- SJVN Limited
- Archon Solutions PVT Limited
- SpringRole India Private Limited
- NLC India Limited
- NTPEL offers immediate benefits, upskill workforce, co-offer courses, contribution through CSR, fresher onboarding, and recruit interns or freshers through the industry partners.
Salary Prospects of NPTEL Graduates:
As fresher with additional certification, graduates can earn a pay package of an average minimum of Rs 15,000 to Rs 30,000 per month. However, with time, experience, and job profile, the average pay package fluctuates between Rs 1.5 lakhs to Rs 8 lakhs per annum.
NPTEL Committee Members:
- Prof. Vidhya D S SPOC, Dept. of ETC Engineering
- Prof.Vaishali Paraki Dept. of Science and Humanities
- Prof.Amey K Shet Tilve Dept. of Computer Engineering
- Prof. Sanjeev Naik Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
- Prof. Swaroopa SailDept. of Civil Engineering
The basic objective of science and engineering education in India is to devise and guide reforms that will transform India into a strong and vibrant knowledge economy. In this context, the focus areas for the NPTEL project have been i) higher education, ii) professional education, iii) distance education and iv) continuous and open learning, roughly in that order of preference.
Manpower requirement for trained engineers and technologists is far more than the number of qualified graduates that Indian technical institutions can provide currently. Among these, the number of institutions having fully qualified and trained teachers in all disciplines being taught forms a small fraction. A majority of teachers are young and inexperienced and are undergraduate degree holders. Therefore, institutions like IITs, IISc, NITs, and other leading Universities in India need to disseminate teaching/learning content of high quality through all available media. NPTEL would be among the foremost and important steps in this direction and will use technology for dissemination.
India needs many more teachers for the effective implementation of higher education in professional courses. Therefore, methods for training young and inexperienced teachers to enable them to carry out their academic responsibilities effectively are a must. NPTEL contents can be used as core curriculum content for training purposes.
A large number of students who are unable to attend scholarly institutions through NPTEL will have access to quality content from them.
All those who are gainfully employed in industries and all other walks of life and who require continuous training and updating their knowledge can benefit from well-developed and peer-reviewed course contents by the IITs and IISc.
Conclusion of NPTEL:
NPTEL enables learners to explore new areas of interest, which are not offered in the regular college environment. The platform also makes it possible for anyone outside the IIT system to do an online certification course from NPTEL and get a certificate from the IITs. It is a great platform for those who want to gain in-depth knowledge of different subjects from the best faculty in the country.
What is the Full Form Of NPTEL?
The full Form of NPTEL is National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning
Is NPTEL certificate valuable?
The certificates issued bear the stamp of CCE, IIT and hence are valuable additions when the student is applying for jobs. On successful completion of advanced NPTEL course by the faculties, AICTE approves as FDP so that they can get the points for the same.
What is NPTEL exam?
What is NPTEL? NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course content in engineering and science.
Is NPTEL course free?
All courses are completely free to enrol and learn from. The certification exam is optional and comes at a fee of Rs 1000/course exam.
Is NPTEL exam easy?
First of all, keep in mind NPTEL EXAM is not a very tough exam, getting the certification of NPTEL is very easy if you have gone through video lectures and assignments. But how to pass the NPTEL exam without studying even if you have not gone through the all lectures you can still pass the exam.
Which NPTEL course is best?
The Joy Of Computing Using Python, Cloud Computing, Internet Of Things, and Soft Skills Are the best courses of NPTEL.
What happens if you fail NPTEL?
NPTEL examinations don’t have any link with your colleagues. So if you can’t score well in NPTEL then you will not get the certificate from the NPTEL. Nothing else will be affected for the NPTEL course. So you have nothing to worry about it.