In this post, We have provided answers of NPTEL Soft Skills Assignment 1. We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.
NPTEL Soft Skills Assignment 1 Answers 2022 [July – Dec]
I. Given below are some statements based on video lectures.
Identify them and write (T) against True and (F) against False statements. (5)
1. The term “Hard skills” and “Soft skills” are often used to signify the software and hardware of computers.
2. Soft skills are the one-time learning process.
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. A positive attitude at workplace seldom stimulates co-workers to achieve desired organizational goals.
4. Commonality and cordiality are the hallmarks of effective communication.
5. Information that comes through Grapevine communication is trustworthy.
II. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words given in options below: (5)
6. __________________ plays a vital role in communication.
👇For Week 02 Assignment Answers👇
7. _____________ is the hallmark of communication.
8. Soliloquy is the example of _____________ communication.
9. Meta-communication is communication which allows people to extract ____________ meaning of certain words.
If there are any changes in answers will notify you on telegram so you can get a 100% score, So Join
10. It may be considered ________________ if somebody is traveling at the cost of organizational funds organization and entertaining at an interview.
11. Which one of the following forces does Communication function?
a. Beaming force
b. Dividing force
c. Binding force
d. None of the above
12. In which book does Sigmund Freud talk about suppressed and repressed emotions?
a. The Psychopathology of Everyday Life
b. The Ego and the Id
c. Totem and Taboo
d. Interpretations of Dreams
13. Which of the following does Ego differentiate between?
a. Image and Emotion
b. Memory and Image
c. Emotion and Memory
d. Image and Emotion
14. Name the type of communication when one talks not to others but to himself:
b. Mass Media & Communication
15. Which one among the following systems of personality is the internal representative of the good and evil?
b. Super Ego
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE
About Soft Skills
Soft Skills, a buzz word today has attracted the attention of students, professionals and entrepreneurs all over the world. Employability, being the major concern today, every individual aims at getting coveted jobs. Employability today is commensurate with proving multiple skills in varied situations in a fast changing world. Hence, everyone aspiring for jobs today has to prove one’s mettle in various situations where one requires to be armed with different skills, which, collectively come under Soft Skills. One may be armed with good competence of one’s subject but one cannot compete with his peer groups unless one has the potential of performance.
- Week 1: Introduction to Soft Skills, Aspects of Soft Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Classification of Communication, Personality Development
- Week 2: Positive Thinking, Telephonic Communication Skills, Communicating without Words, Paralanguage
- Week 3: Proxemics, Haptics: The Language of Touch, Meta-communication, Listening Skills, Types of Listening
- Week 4: Negotiation Skills, Culture as Communication, Organizational Communication
- Week 5: Communication Breakdown, Advanced Writing Skills, Principles of Business Writing
- Week 6: Business Letters, Business Letters: Format and Style, Types of Business Letter
- Week 7: Writing Reports, Types of Report, Strategies for Report Writing, Evaluation and Organization of Data
- Week 8: Structure of Report, Report Style, Group Communication Skills
- Week 9: Leadership Skills, Group Discussion, Meeting Management, Adaptability & Work Ethics
- Week 10:Advanced Speaking Skills, Oral Presentation, Speeches & Debates, Combating Nervousness, Patterns & Methods of Presentation, Oral Presentation: Planning & Preparation
- Week 11:Making Effective Presentations, Speeches for Various Occasions, Interviews, Planning & Preparing: Effective Résumé,
- Week 12: Facing Job Interviews, Emotional Intelligence & Critical Thinking, Applied Grammar
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.