In this post, We have provided answers of NPTEL Software Testing Assignment 1 2022 . We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.
NPTEL Software Testing Assignment 1 Answers 2022
1. Choose the right option to fill in the blank: Suppose a method M1M1 calls a method M2M2, which in turn, calls another method M3M3. The level of testing that tests for the interface of calls from M1M1 to M2M2 and then to M3M3 is called as . . . . . . . . . . . ..
a. Functional testing.
b. Unit testing.
c. Integration testing.
d. System testing.
2. State true or false: A coverage criterion C1 said to subsume another coverage criterion C2 if there is at least one test case that satisfies C1 which also satisfies C2.
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. State true or false: Testing can be used to find all the errors in code.
4. Which of the following are practised in level 3 thinking during testing?
a. Testing is a mental discipline, everyone in an organization strives to test thoroughly.
b. Testing is done mainly by developers, to debug their code.
c. Testing is done to identify failures and reduce risks.
d. Testing is done to show absence of errors.
5. Which of the following best defines usability testing?
a. Testing done to ensure that the software looks nice.
b. Testing done to ensure that the software is usable by all the users.
c. Testing done to understand how users can use a software.”
d. Testing done to ensure that the user interface of the software is as specified in the requirements
6. Which of the following is a list of white-box testing techniques?
a. Unit testing, performance testing.
b. Integration testing, stress testing.
c. Unit testing, integration testing.
d. Usability testing, performance testing.
7. As per the lectures, which of the following sentences best defines a test case?
a. A test case contains only inputs to the software artifact.
b. A test case contains inputs to the software artifact along with the expected outputs
c. A test case contains inputs to the software artifact and a decision on pass or fail.
d. A test case contains inputs to the software artifact, which is run and the actual output is also recorded as a part o f the test case.
8. When do we say that a set of test cases T satisfies the test requirements TR for a coverage criterion C?
a. For every test requirement tr ∈ TR, there is exactly one test case t ∈ T such that t satisfies tr.
b. For some test requirement tr ∈ TR, there is some test case tt such that t∈T such that t satisfies tr.
c. For some test requirement tr∈TR, all the test cases t∈T are such that tt satisfies tr.
d. For every test requirement tr ∈ TR, there is at least one test case t ∈ T such that t satisfies tr.
👇For Week 02 Assignment Answers👇
9. When do we say that a coverage criterion C1 subsumes a coverage criterion C2?
10. What does the JUnit assertion assertFalse(val1 > val2) return whenval1 is less than val2?
About Software Testing NPTEL Course
This course will cover various techniques for test case design, as used for testing of software artifacts including requirements, design and code. We will discuss algorithms and techniques for test case design based on graphs, logic, syntax of programming languages and on inputs. Special techniques for testing object-oriented features and web applications will also be discussed. The course will end with symbolic testing techniques. These broadly will cover test cases for both white-box and black-box.
- Week 1: Techniques and algorithms for test case design: Graphs based testing- structural coverage criteria.
- Week 2: Graphs based testing: Data flow coverage criteria
- Week 3: Graphs based testing: Data flow coverage criteria
- Week 4: Graphs coverage for source code, design elements and requirements
- Week 5: Techniques and algorithms for test case design: Logic based testing- Predicates, logic based coverage criteria
- Week 6: Specification based logic coverage, logic coverage on finite state machines
- Week 7: Input space partitioning: Input domain modeling, combination strategies criteria
- Week 8: Syntax based testing: Coverage criteria based on syntax, mutation testing
- Week 9: Test case design (as learnt above) applied to object-oriented applications
- Week 10: Test case design (as learnt above) applied to web applications
- Week 11: Symbolic testing
- Week 12: Concolic testing, Conclusion
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of the average of the best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.