SOFT SKILLS WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS 2022:- In this post, We have provided answers of NPTEL Soft Skills Assignment 2. We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.
NPTEL Soft Skills Week 2 Assignment Answers 2022
Q1. Through the area known as the unknown self, as propagated by Joe and Harry, we can have a self-discovery.
2. Non-verbal communications are spontaneous compared to verbal communication.
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. Voicemail is a storage device since information can be printed.
4. If a message is delivered with a squinted eye, the message tends to become positive.
5. The use of flat hands during communication symbolizes boredom.
6. Teleconferencing is not an alternative to face-to-face meetings.
👇For Week 03 Assignment Answers👇
7. The rise and fall of our voices during communication can be termed as intonation during a presentation.
Given below are multiple-choice questions having four options. Select the most suitable option as your answer. (8)
8. Who among the following is the author of the famous book “The Power of Positive Thinking”?
a. William Faulkner
b. Norman Vincent Peale
c. William James
d. Dr. Eric Berne
9. A person thinks that it is he who matters and not others and says “I’m okay, you are not okay…”. To which category of personality does such a person belong?
10. Johari Window functions to illustrate and improve self-awareness and mental understanding. How many parts does the Johari Window have?
11. In telephonic communication, if a person is calling or giving information to somebody or seeking information from somebody, which two of the following are mandatory?
a. Figurative language
c. Clarity of Voice
Answer:- b, c
12. “Men trust their ears less than their eyes”. Who among the following is credited with this quote?
13. Our voice plays a very significant role during an oral communication. Which of the following impedes our oral communication?
a. Silence and pauses
d. Both A&B
14. Which one of the following do/doesn’t form part of kinesics?
15. Majority of speakers use pitch variation during a speaking situation. is mandatory to make our speech effective. Which of the following is not true about Pitch- variations?
a. Pitch variations convey feelings.
b. Pitch changes are called inflexions.
c. Vocal cords vibrate in the production of sounds.
d. Speech with variation tends to confuse listeners.
Answer:- For Answer Click Here
About Soft Skills
Soft Skills, a buzz word today has attracted the attention of students, professionals and entrepreneurs all over the world. Employability, being the major concern today, every individual aims at getting coveted jobs. Employability today is commensurate with proving multiple skills in varied situations in a fast changing world. Hence, everyone aspiring for jobs today has to prove one’s mettle in various situations where one requires to be armed with different skills, which, collectively come under Soft Skills. One may be armed with good competence of one’s subject but one cannot compete with his peer groups unless one has the potential of performance.
- Week 1: Introduction to Soft Skills, Aspects of Soft Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Classification of Communication, Personality Development
- Week 2: Positive Thinking, Telephonic Communication Skills, Communicating without Words, Paralanguage
- Week 3: Proxemics, Haptics: The Language of Touch, Meta-communication, Listening Skills, Types of Listening
- Week 4: Negotiation Skills, Culture as Communication, Organizational Communication
- Week 5: Communication Breakdown, Advanced Writing Skills, Principles of Business Writing
- Week 6: Business Letters, Business Letters: Format and Style, Types of Business Letter
- Week 7: Writing Reports, Types of Report, Strategies for Report Writing, Evaluation and Organization of Data
- Week 8: Structure of Report, Report Style, Group Communication Skills
- Week 9: Leadership Skills, Group Discussion, Meeting Management, Adaptability & Work Ethics
- Week 10:Advanced Speaking Skills, Oral Presentation, Speeches & Debates, Combating Nervousness, Patterns & Methods of Presentation, Oral Presentation: Planning & Preparation
- Week 11:Making Effective Presentations, Speeches for Various Occasions, Interviews, Planning & Preparing: Effective Résumé,
- Week 12: Facing Job Interviews, Emotional Intelligence & Critical Thinking, Applied Grammar
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
NPTEL Soft Skills Week 2 Assignment Answers 2021
- Positive thinking may help you to move further and negotiate in an organization.
2.”I am okay, you are okay”, shows the introvert kind of personality according to Dr. Eric Berne.
3. All the incoming information can be digitized and stored in a voice mail.
4. Telecommunication does not need a facilitator or party leader to lead the meeting.
5. In a communication process, you should not only actively participate, but you should think that you are leading the discussion.
6. Voice carries intentional and unintentional emotions and messages.
7. _________ is the kind of non-verbal communication that refers to the study of space.
8. Johari Window was developed in 1955 by __________ psychologists.
9. To be positive in a workplace, you should not ________ your weakness.
10. Pitch changes are called _________ .
11. “The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause”. Whose statement is this? __________ .
12. The falling tone should be used in ___________ .
13. What kind of mindset was called ‘imposing’ by Eric Berne?
I am not okay, you are not okay.
I am not okay, you are okay.
I am okay, you are not okay.
I am okay, you are okay.
14. According to Johari Window, how many parts of ‘self’ exist?
15. What should be your first reaction when you receive a phone call in an organization?
What is the purpose of your calling?
You will tell your name and designation first.
I am busy. Call me later.
None of these
16. What should be your reaction when someone calls you with whom you are not in good terms?
I shall ignore the call.
I shall say him to call me later.
I shall receive the message.
I shall talk about my disagreements first.
17. Which bodily movements does not come under the forms of Kinesics?
Using material symbols
18. Pitch variation may result in ________ .
Both A & B
19. The hidden self is fear, secrets, sensitivities. So hidden self should be moved into _____________ .
None of the above
20. The volume of voice is an essential aspect of effective communication. Which one is true about this?
Speak loudly in a group of 5 people.
Voice should be soft
Both B & C
SOFT SKILLS WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS 2021:- We do not claim 100% surety of answers, these answers are based on our sole knowledge, and by posting these answers we are just trying to help students, so we urge do your assignment on your own.
SOFT SKILLS WEEK 2, SOFT SKILLS WEEK 2 ANSWERS