In this post, We have provided answers of NPTEL Software Testing Assignment 3 Answers 2022. We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.
NPTEL Software Testing Assignment 3 Answers July 2022
1. Which of the following represents a basic block in a control flow graph?
a. A basic block of statements is a set of all statements that are a part of a function that the control flow graph represents.
b. A basic block of statements is a sequence of statements such that if the first statement the sequence is executed then all the statements in the sequence will also be executed.
2. Consider a variable count of type intint. Suppose there is a method that has a statement of the type count++;count++;. Which of the following statements are correct regarding the data flow definition of countcount?
a. The statement is a definition of countcount.
b. The statement is a use of countcount.
c. The statement is both a definition and use of count.
d. The statement is neither a definition nor a use of count.
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. Consider a variable xx of type double and suppose a particular method in Java has a statement if(Math.log(x)) >= 4.2, will it be considered a definition of xx or a use of xx?
a. The statement is a definition of xx
b. The statement is a use of xx.
4. State true or false: Consider a variable xx in a program. Not every definition of xx will always reach a use.
5. Which of the following best defines a du-path for a variable
a. A du-path is a simple path from a definition of xx to a use of xx without any further definitions of xx in-between.
b. A du-path is a path from a definition of xx to a use of xx without any further definitions of xx in-between.
c. A du-path is a simple path from a definition of xx to a use of xx without any further uses of xx in-between.
d. A du-path is a path from a definition of xx to a use of xx without any further uses of xx in-between.
6. State yes or no: We group du-paths with respect to a variable by their definitions.
👇For Week 04 Assignment Answers👇
7. Is it true that the all-du-paths data flow coverage criterion subsumes prime path coverage?
8. Which of the following statements are true when it comes to comparing traditional source code coverage criteria with graph based coverage criteria?
a. Node and statement coverage are the same, edge and branch coverage are the same.
b. Edge and decision coverage are the same.
9. Which of the following defines a linearly independent path of execution in a control flow graph?
a. A path in which there are no branches.
b. A path which does not contain other paths within it.
c. A path that represents structural complexity of a program.
d. A path within a connected component.
10. State true or false: Node and edge coverage, as test requirements for structural coverage over graphs, are given with the input graph itself.
Disclaimer:- We do not claim 100% surety of solutions, these solutions are based on our sole expertise, and by using posting these answers we are simply looking to help students as a reference, so we urge do your assignment on your own.
ABOUT Software Testing :
This course will cover various techniques for test case design, as used for testing of software artifacts including requirements, design and code. We will discuss algorithms and techniques for test case design based on graphs, logic, syntax of programming languages and on inputs. Special techniques for testing object-oriented features and web applications will also be discussed. The course will end with symbolic testing techniques. These broadly will cover test cases for both white-box and black-box.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Any Interested LearnersPRE-REQUISITES: Programming, Algorithms, Discrete Mathematics (basics)INDUSTRY SUPPORT: The material of this course has been used to offer training for Samsung, ABB and Mindtree. The course will be useful for any firm that does tests their software.
- Week 1: Techniques and algorithms for test case design: Graphs based testing- structural coverage criteria.
- Week 2: Graphs based testing: Data flow coverage criteria
- Week 3: Graphs based testing: Data flow coverage criteria
- Week 4: Graphs coverage for source code, design elements and requirements
- Week 5: Techniques and algorithms for test case design: Logic based testing- Predicates, logic based coverage criteria
- Week 6: Specification based logic coverage, logic coverage on finite state machines
- Week 7: Input space partitioning: Input domain modeling, combination strategies criteria
- Week 8: Syntax based testing: Coverage criteria based on syntax, mutation testing
- Week 9: Test case design (as learnt above) applied to object-oriented applications
- Week 10: Test case design (as learnt above) applied to web applications
- Week 11: Symbolic testing
- Week 12: Concolic testing, Conclusion
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
Note:- We do not claim 100% Surety of Answers, we urge to your assignment at you own language.
In this post, We had provided answers of NPTEL Software Testing Assignment 3 Answers 2022. We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.