NPTEL Public Speaking Assignment 3 Answers July 2022:- In this post, We have provided answers of NPTEL Public Speaking Assignment 3 Answers July 2022. We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.
NPTEL Public Speaking Assignment 3 Answers July 2022
1. According to Lev Vygotsky, which of the following are the frameworks for humans to experience and understand reality?
d. Both A and B
2. Which of the following statements is not true about the nature of Anxiety?
a. It is a psychological state.
b.It is characterized by cognitive, somatic, emotional and behavioral components.
c. It is a physiological state.
d. It inhibits the secretion of the hormone adrenaline in our body.
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. According to Mulac and Sherman, which of the following is/are among the four elements of speech fright?
b. Both A and D
4. Glossophobia is derived from the Greek word ‘glossa’ which means
5. Which of the following is true about ABC Model of Communication Attitude?
a. It was first formulated by American psychologist, Albert Ellis.
b. The acronym stands for its three key components – Attitudes, Belief, Consequences.
c. The acronym stands for its three key components – Affect, Behavior, Cognition.
d. All of the above
6.State whether the following statement is true or false.
To cast a good first impression as a public speaker, it is imperative to align your appearance with the message of your talk.
👇For Week 04 Assignment Answers👇
7. State whether the following statement is true or false.
The approach of Desensitization is known to aggravate the fear of public speaking.
8. State whether the following statement is true or false.
Goleman’s Emotional Competence Framework suggests that emotional competence is composed of cognitive competence and professional competence.
9. State whether the following statement is true or false.
The Power of Positive Thinking, a book on the importance of positive attitude in life, is authored by Norman Vincent Peale.
10. State whether the following statement is true or false.
Cognitive development of an individual plays a key role in influencing his/her communicative choices.
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE
About Public Speaking
Speaking has for ages been an innate human quality. In a contemporary globalized world, effective public speaking has become crucial both at individual and organizational levels. Public speaking as verbal talent posits itself as a “cause” with a clear motive to “effect” the intended audience. It enables the speaker to have a direct impact on the audience and thus makes it an effective medium to exercise in diverse situations. However, not all speakers are able to create the intended effect through their act of speaking due to their unfamiliarity with speech techniques and delivery nuances. Many of us, though competent enough, often feel anxiety about speech when called upon to speak in personal and public domains such as interviews, presentations, meetings, conferences, group discussions and many speaking-related challenges in the present-day ever-changing corporate world. The purpose of this public speaking course is to develop the speech and personality of learners in order to convert them into confident, committed and effective speakers. The course will serve as a guide to various forms of public speaking with relevance to numerous emerging situational contexts and provide an overall development in speech delivery in a perspicuous manner.
- Week 1: Introduction to the Course
- Week 2: Prerequisites of Public speaking
- Week 3: Public speaking as a Performative act
- Week 4: Use of non-verbals in Public Speaking
- Week 5: Voice and Vocabulary
- Week 6: Etiquettes and Mannerism in Public Speaking
- Week 7: Types of Public Speaking – Part 1
- Week 8: Types of Public Speaking – Part 2
- Week 9: Types of Public Speaking – Part 3
- Week 10: Types of Public Speaking – Part 4
- Week 11: Converting Ideas into Action – Part 1
- Week 12: Converting Ideas into Action – Part 2
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of the average of the best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF THE AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND THE EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.