SOFT SKILLS WEEK 4 ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS 2022:- In this post, We have provided answers of NPTEL Soft Skills Assignment 4. We provided answers here only for reference. Plz, do your assignment at your own knowledge.
NPTEL Soft Skills Week 4 Assignment Answers July 2022
Given below are some statements based on video lectures. Identify them and write (T) against True and (F) against False statements. 07
1. Emphasis on facts and figures play a very crucial role in negotiation.
2. When we reach an agreement during the negotiation, we should emphasize the other party’s benefit.
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. Phonetic sound of 8 is most fortuitous of numbers auguring prosperity.
4. NAFTA stands for North American Foreign Trade Agreement.
5. People of high context cultures seldom put more stress on non-verbal communication.
6. Allowing the discussion to go long is one of the critical factors in negotiation.
👇For Week 04 Assignment Answers👇
7. As a negotiator, one must be aggressive throughout without bothering about the other party’s interests.
II. Given below are multiple-choice questions having four options. Select the most suitable option as your answer. (08)
8. Which of the following is not an ingredient of self-actualization needs according to Maslow’s theory of human needs?
9. Which of the following is the proper way to say “NO” in Japan?
a. Shaking heads back and forth
b. Nodding up and down
c. Raising their chin
d. Moving their right hands
10. Which of the following is not accurate about the characteristics of culture?
a. Culture norms are logical
b. Cultures are static
c. Culture represents identity and community
d. Culture can be learned
11. “Let us never try to negotiate out of fear, but let us also not fear to negotiate.” A quote by which famous personality?
a. Winston Churchill
b. John F Kennedy
c. Theodore Roosevelt
d. None of the above
12. Which of the following is the full form of GATT?
A. General Association of Trade and Tokens
b. Geneva Agreement on Technology and Trade
c. General Agreement on Tariff and Trade
d. General Association on Trades and Traffic
13. What is the meaning of “You Attitude” style in business?
a. To believe more in the welfare of the organization.
b. To believe in your own welfare.
c. To convince other parties how they will be benefitted from a deal.
d. None of the above.
Answer:- For Answer Click Here
14. Which of the following is not a strategy to resolve deadlock?
a. To point out no further concessions to be made.
b. To use unethical aspects of the agreement.
c. To explain and emphasize consequences
d. To show sunny side to the other party
15. Which of the following works significantly while using Persuasion as a critical factor in Negotiation?
a. Agreeing instantly
b. Talking and listening
c. Intimidating throughout
d. Whispering and noting points
For More NPTEL Answers:- CLICK HERE
Join Our Telegram:- CLICK HERE
About Soft Skills
Soft Skills, a buzzword today has attracted the attention of students, professionals and entrepreneurs all over the world. Employability, is a major concern today, every individual aims at getting coveted jobs. Employability today is commensurate with proving multiple skills in varied situations in a fast-changing world. Hence, everyone aspiring for jobs today has to prove one’s mettle in various cases where one requires to be armed with different skills, which, collectively come under Soft Skills. One may be armed with good competence in one’s subject but one cannot compete with his peer groups unless one has the potential to perform.
- Week 1: Introduction to Soft Skills, Aspects of Soft Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Classification of Communication, Personality Development
- Week 2: Positive Thinking, Telephonic Communication Skills, Communicating without Words, Paralanguage
- Week 3: Proxemics, Haptics: The Language of Touch, Meta-communication, Listening Skills, Types of Listening
- Week 4: Negotiation Skills, Culture as Communication, Organizational Communication
- Week 5: Communication Breakdown, Advanced Writing Skills, Principles of Business Writing
- Week 6: Business Letters, Business Letters: Format and Style, Types of Business Letter
- Week 7: Writing Reports, Types of Report, Strategies for Report Writing, Evaluation and Organization of Data
- Week 8: Structure of Report, Report Style, Group Communication Skills
- Week 9: Leadership Skills, Group Discussion, Meeting Management, Adaptability & Work Ethics
- Week 10:Advanced Speaking Skills, Oral Presentation, Speeches & Debates, Combating Nervousness, Patterns & Methods of Presentation, Oral Presentation: Planning & Preparation
- Week 11:Making Effective Presentations, Speeches for Various Occasions, Interviews, Planning & Preparing: Effective Résumé,
- Week 12: Facing Job Interviews, Emotional Intelligence & Critical Thinking, Applied Grammar
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Average assignment score = 25% of the average of the best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF THE AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75. If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
NPTEL Soft Skills Week 4 Assignment Answers 2021
1. Organizational communication involves the transmission and dissemination of ideas.
2. Forecasting has no space in the functions of communication in an organization.
3. Communication in an organization may flow cross-wise and spiral depending upon the nature of communication.
4. Myth cannot be part of culture. Only scientific temperament can create a culture.
5. Now a days workplaces have become a multicultural workforce.
6. In an organization you should be ready to deal with the transaction of two or more cultures.
7. For a successful negotiation your personal relations ____________ .
- doesn’t matter
8. The most acknowledged style for a successful negotiation is _________ .
9. Diasporic society migrates from one ___________ to another.
10. Exchange of cards and signing docs is a ritual (cultural code) of which country? __________.
11. We should move from ethno-centrism to ______________.
12. Who said it about culture and communication, “Culture is a code ……………… Communication requires coding and symbols that must be learned and shared”? _____________.
- Arnold in Culture and Anarchy
- Alfred Smith in Communication and Culture
Answer:- Alfred Smith in Communication and Culture
13. Negotiation skill is demanded in every profession. What among the following does not come under the process of negotiation?
- The benefit of seller
- only Combing of conflicting positions
Answer:- The benefit of seller
14. What is/are the requisite of negotiation?
- Both A & C
Answer:- Both A & C
15. Which one among the following is not a characteristic of a successful negotiation in an organization?
- Personal Ambition
- Personal Honesty
16. What is the full form of ZOPA?
- Zone of Persuasive Area
- Zone of Persistent Area
- Zone of Possible Agreement
- Zone of People’s Association
Answer:- Zone of Possible Agreement
17. On the negotiating table you should _______.
- strictly follow the planning that you made before the negotiation.
- be prepared for the unprepared condition.
- ask the negotiator to cancel the negotiation.
- All of the above
Answer:- be prepared for the unprepared condition.
18. If you find that a deadlock happened during the negotiation, then how will you handle it?
- I shall become confrontational.
- I shall explain the consequences.
- I shall use the ethical aspect of the agreement.
- Both B & C
Answer:- Both B & C
19. The business style of Mexican is different from others. Which one among the following is true about them?
- They are rigid.
- They are direct.
- They don’t give much importance to words.
- They are very much intentional.
Answer:- visit our youtube channel for answer click here
20. What does organizational communication represent?
- All of the above
Answer:- visit our youtube channel for answer click here
Read it also :-
SOFT SKILLS WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS (NPTEL)
NPTEL SOFT SKILLS WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS
NPTEL SOFT SKILLS WEEK 1 ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS
NPTEL Project Management For Managers Assignment 4 Answers
SOFT SKILLS WEEK 4 ASSIGNMENT ANSWERS 2021 :- We do not claim 100% surety of answers, these answers are based on our sole knowledge, and by posting these answers we are just trying to help students, so we urge do your assignment on your own.
3 thoughts on “NPTEL Soft Skills Week 4 Assignment Answers July 2022”
Great post Thankyou for sharing
Thankyou you for sharing the Nptel Solution