CISCO NETCAD :- IT ESSENTIALS CHAPTER 4 QUIZ ANSWERS 2021
NOTE : these answers are based on our sole knowledge, and by posting these answers we are just trying to help students, so we urge do your quiz on your own.
Q1.Which task should be part of a hardware maintenance routine?
- (A) Review security updates.
- (B) Update virus definition files.
- (C) Adjust the monitor for optimum resolution.
- (D) Check for and secure any loose cables.
- (E) Remove dust from inside the hard drive.
Answer :- (D)Check for and secure any loose cables.
Q2. Which cleaning tool should be used to remove dust from components inside a computer case?
- damp cloth
- cotton swabs
- compressed air
Answer :- compressed air
Q3. What are two effects of not having a preventive maintenance plan for users and organizations? (Choose two.)
- (A) increased repair costs
- (B) increased number of regular updates
- (C) increased documentation needs
- (D) increased downtime
- (E) increased management tasks
Answer :- (A) increased repair costs & (D) increased downtime
Q4. What is a symptom of a failing power supply?
The display has only a blinking cursor.
The computer sometimes does not turn on.
The power cord will not attach properly to either the power supply or wall outlet or both.
The computer displays a POST error code.
Answer :- The computer sometimes does not turn on.
Q5. A scientific expedition team is using laptops for their work. The temperatures where the scientists are working range from -13 degrees Fahrenheit (-25 degree Celsius) to 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius). The humidity level is around 40 percent. Noise levels are low, but the terrain is rough and winds can reach 45 miles per hour (72 kilometers per hour). When needed, the scientists stop walking and enter the data using the laptop. Which condition is most likely to adversely affect a laptop that is used in this environment?
- the wind
- the humidity
- the rough terrain
- the temperature
Answer :- the temperature
Q6 :- A user has opened a ticket that indicates that the computer clock keeps losing the correct time. What is the most likely cause of the problem?
- The CMOS battery is loose or failing.
- The operating system needs to be patched.
- The CPU needs to be overclocked.
- The motherboard clocking crystal is damaged.
Answer :- The CMOS battery is loose or failing.
Q7. What is the most important reason for a company to ensure that computer preventive maintenance is done?
- (A) Preventive maintenance helps to protect the computer equipment against future problems.
- (B) Preventive maintenance provides an opportunity for junior technicians to obtain more experience in a non-threatening or problem environment.
- (C) Preventive maintenance enables the IT manager to check on the location and state of the computer assets.
- (D) Preventive maintenance allows the IT department to regularly monitor the contents of user hard drives to ensure computer use policies are being followed.
Answer :- (A) Preventive maintenance helps to protect the computer equipment against future problems.
Q8. After a problem is identified, what is the next step for the troubleshooter?
- Verify the solution.
- Determine the exact cause.
- Implement a solution.
- Document the findings.
- Establish a theory of probable causes.
Answer :- Establish a theory of probable causes.
Q9. Which procedure is recommended when cleaning inside a computer?
- Remove the CPU before cleaning.
- Hold the CPU fan to prevent it from spinning and blow it with compressed air.
- Invert the can of compressed air while spraying.
- Clean the hard drive heads with a cotton swab.
Answer :- Hold the CPU fan to prevent it from spinning and blow it with compressed air.
Q10. An employee mentions that opening a large document file is taking longer than usual. The desktop support technician suspects that there might be a fault in the hard disk. What should the technician do next?
- Replace the hard disk with a new one to pinpoint the exact problem.
- Perform the disk cleanup procedure.
- Contact a data recovery company for service.
- Back up the user data from the workstation.
Answer :- Back up the user data from the workstation.
Q11. Which step in the troubleshooting process is important to help avoid repeating repair processes that were performed previously?
- preparation of a plan of action
- identification of the problem
- .documentation of the problem and its solution
- implementation of the solution
Answer:- documentation of the problem and its solution
Q12. Which task should be performed on a hard drive as part of a preventive maintenance plan?
- Blow out the inside of the drive with compressed air to remove dust.
- Ensure the disk spins freely.
- Ensure cables are firmly connected.
- Clean the read and write heads with a cotton swab.
Answer :-Ensure cables are firmly connected.
Q13. What task should be completed before escalating a problem to a higher-level technician?
- Replace all hardware components with components that are known to work.
- Redo each test to ensure the accuracy of the results.
- Document each test that was tried.
- Ask the customer to open a new support request.
Answer :- Document each test that was tried.
Q14. A customer reports that recently several files cannot be accessed. The service technician decides to check the hard disk status and the file system structure. The technician asks the customer if a backup has been performed on the disk and the customer replies that the backup was done a week ago to a different logical partition on the disk. What should the technician do before performing diagnostic procedures on the disk?
- Install a new hard disk as the primary disk, then make the current disk a slave.
- Back up the user data to a removable drive.
- Run the CHKDSK utility.
- Perform file restore from the existing backup copy at the logical partition.
Answer :- Back up the user data to a removable drive.
IT ESSENTIALS CHAPTER 4 Answers
IT ESSENTIALS CHAPTER 4 Answers
Read it also :-