IT ESSENTIAL: PC Hardware and Software Chapter 2 Quiz Answers, In this Blog we have provided 100% correct Answers of IT ESSENTIAL: PC Hardware and software of CISCO NETCAD
IT Essential Quiz 2 Answers : PC Hardware and Software of CISCO NETCAD
1.The following parts were ordered by someone building a personal computer:
1 – AMD 3.7 GHz
2 – Gigawhiz GA-A239VM (does not include USB 3.1 front panel connectors)
3 – HorseAir DDR3 8 GB
4 – ATX with up to three 3.5″ drive bays
5 – Eastern Divide 1TB 7200 RPM
6 – Zoltz 550W
What is the significance of the 550W in the 6th item (Zoltz 550W)?
- (A) input power
- (B) output power
- (C) RAM speed
- (D) motherboard speed
Ans :- (B) output power
2. A technician is being asked to move a heavy industrial printer. Which safety technique is recommended for this situation?
- (A) Remove paper and all sources of ink before moving.
- (B) Bend at the knees when lifting.
- (C) Wear safety goggles.
- (D) Use a pulley.
Ans :- (B) Bend at the knees when lifting.
3. Refer to the exhibit. A technician is installing a second SATA hard drive. Which section of the motherboard will be used to connect the SATA cable?
- section D
- section C
- section B
- section A
Ans :- section A
4. Which SATA internal hard drive form factor is most often used in a tower computer?
- 2.5 inch (6.4 cm)
- 5.25 inch (13.3 cm)
- 3.5 inch (8.9 cm)
- 2.25 inch (5.7 cm)
Ans :- 3.5 inch (8.9 cm)
5. What should be done prior to the installation of RAM onto the motherboard?
- Change the voltage selector to meet with the voltage specification of the RAM.
- Ensure the memory expansion slot tabs are in the locked position before inserting the RAM module.
- Populate the center memory slots first before inserting the new RAM.
- Consult the motherboard documentation or website of the manufacturer to ensure that the RAM is compatible with the motherboard.
Ans :- Consult the motherboard documentation or website of the manufacturer to ensure that the RAM is compatible with the motherboard.
6. Refer to the exhibit. Which front panel connector commonly has nine or ten pins arranged in two rows?
- drive activity LED
- power LED
- power button
Ans :- USB
7. Which two pieces of information are needed before selecting a power supply? (Choose two.)
- the voltage requirements of peripheral devices
- the type of CPU
- the installed operating system
- the total wattage of all components
- the form factor of the case
Ans :- The total Wattage of all components, the form factor of the case
8. the total wattage of all components A technician needs to buy a replacement adapter for a department computer. Which type of adapter requires the technician to consider a DSP?
Ans :- Sound
9. What should a technician do before working on a computer?
- Remove all cables except the power cable.
- Ensure that the computer is free of viruses.
- Remove any watch and jewelry.
- Check the surrounding area for trip hazards.
Ans :- Remove any watch and jewelry
10. What is a possible hardware upgrade that can be used to add more storage space to a modern smartphone?
- USB flash drive
- hard disk
Ans :- microSD
11. What are two reasons someone might upgrade a NIC? (Choose two.)
- to have wireless connectivity
- to import videos
- to have a higher sample rate
- to implement a RAID
- to increase bandwidth
Ans :- to have wireless connectivity, to increase bandwidth
12. When installing a hard drive, it is recommended that you hand-tighten drive mounting screws prior to using a screwdriver.
Ans :- True
13. Which adapter card in a PC would provide data fault tolerance?
- capture card
- SD card
- RAID card
- I/O card
Ans :- RAID card
14. Which type of media card is an older format, but is still used in video cameras?
Ans :- CompactFlash
Read it also :-
IT ESSENTIAL: PC Hardware and Software Chapter 2 Quiz Answers